Require an Electrician in the Warrington area?
G&J Whittaker Limited Electrical Contractors are a Warrington based family owned company of electricians, established since 1971. We offer a fast reliable service to the domestic, commercial & industrial sectors including a genuine 24 hour emergency electrician call out system. Our electricians also operate as an approved contractor & domestic installer by the NIC EIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) organisations professional electrician standards.
G&J Whittaker Electrical Contractors have extensive experience in the domestic, commercial & industrial electrical installation sectors as well as experience in the installation & maintenance of intercom systems, burglar & fire alarms, CCTV & computer networking, all of which are carried out by a qualified electrician at a very competitive price.
G&J Whittaker Electrical Contractors team of Warrington based electricians cover the North West and Cheshire including Warrington and all surrounding areas, Knutsford, Lymm, Northwich, Winsford, Middlewich, Tarporley, Frodsham, Helsby, Altrincham, Bowden, Kelsall, Cuddington, Runcorn, Widnes, Sandymoor.
G&J Whittaker Electrical Contractors team of Warrington based electricians also have long standing contracts with many Housing Associations, Single Commercial Outlets, Office Buildings, Warehouses, Industrial Plants & Residential Letting Agents around Warrington & the Northwest.
The company comprises of 5 full time fully qualified professional NIC EIC accredited electricians each operating with their own fully equipped vehicle in the Warrington area. If you require any further information or a FREE no obligation quotation, please contact Gordon Whittaker a Warrington based electrician on 07710 927007 or 01925 600 833
Our Warrington based team of Electricians cover the following areas:
PART P ELECTRICAL SAFETY LAW • FAST FACTS • ELECTRICIAN GUIDE
What is Part P?
• Part P is an electrical safety law within the Building Regulations and was introduced by the Government on 1st January 2005.
What is the Aim of Part P?
• The aim of Part P is to further enhance the protection of homeowners, improve electrical safety in the home and prevent life-threatening accidents which are caused by faulty electrics.
What will happen if I don’t have Part P?
• If homeowners do not have Part P approval, they may face problems when trying to sell their home.
• It is a criminal offence to carry out DIY electrics that do not comply with Building Regulations and can lead to a maximum fine of £5,000.
What work must be undertaken by a registered electrician and notified to building control?
• The law requires an electrician registered with a Government-approved scheme, such as NICEIC to carry out most electrical work in the home, and once the work is finished, provide you with Part P approval.
• DIY electrics must never be implemented in high risk locations such as kitchens, bathrooms and gardens. Unless the homeowner is only replacing accessories, the electrical work MUST be undertaken by a registered electrician or notified to building control.
What work can I do by myself?
• Homeowners can only carry out DIY electrics if they can inspect and test that it is safe for use. To comply with the law, homeowners must notify their local building control office before any work is carried out and pay the appropriate fee for an inspection.
• The requirements of Part P apply to most electrical work in a home, however there are certain relaxations that apply for minor work. Minor Work is electrical work that does not involve:
1. The addition of a new circuit.
2. Requiring the help of a professional and registered electrician.
3. Requiring notification to the building control office.
All electrical work must comply with BS 7671 of the Wiring Regulations.
Remember this 5 Point Plan when choosing an electrician:
1. Choose a professional
2. Prevent problems
3. Protect your home
4. Get Part P approval
5. Peace of mind
For more useful information please visit: www.donttakethep.com
If you require an electrician please call: 07710 927007 we will arange for a Warrington based electrician to visit your property.
G&J Whittaker Limited Electrical Contractors
107 Grappenhall Road • Stockton Heath • Warrington • Cheshire • WA4 2AU
T: 01925 600833 • M: 07710 927007 • E: email@example.com
A brief list of the services that our team of NIC EIC approved electricians provide at G&J Whittaker Limited Electrical Contractors:
Full and part electrical rewire • Computer networking • Internal and external lighting • Emergency lighting
Fire alarm systems • Security alarms and CCTV • Door access and intercom systems • Electrical storage heaters
Portable appliance testing • Re-lamping and lamp disposal • Electrical shower installations • Electrical maintenance
Electrical fault finding • Consumer unit (fuse board) upgrades • Periodic inspection • Landlord periodic inspection
Central heating controls • Installation • Repairs • Velux Windows Electrical Motor Repairs
© G&J Whittaker 2010 | Management reserve the right to change or withdraw these offers at any time without prior notice | Offers subject to availability Full terms & conditions available upon request | Images shown for illustrative purposes only | Please note the information on this site is correct at the time of publishing. Registered office: G&J Whittaker Limited Electrical Contractors • 107 Grappenhall Road • Stockton Heath • Warrington • Cheshire • WA4 2AU • Company Registration Number: 4297399
Electrician Warrington | Electrician Stockton Heath | Electrician Appleton | Electrician Grappenhall | Electrician Lymm | Domestic Electrician | Commercial Electrician | Approved Electrician | NIC EIC Electrician | Part P Electrician | Electrcians Warrington | Electrical Warrington | NIC EIC electrician approved contractor Warrington | Electrical Contractors Warrington
View our latest blog at: www.gjwhittakerelectrical.wordpress.com
PLEASE NOTE: G&J WHITTAKER ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR BRANDS.
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
G&J Whittaker Electrical Contractors provide a full electrical service via our team of electricians to the domestic, commercial and industrial sector including:
• Full and part electrical rewire
• Computer networking
• Internal and external lighting
• Emergency lighting
• Fire alarm systems
• Security alarms and CCTV
• Door access and intercom systems
• Portable appliance testing
• Re-lamping and lamp disposal
• Shower installations (including all plumbing work)
• Electrical Maintenance
• Electrical fault finding
• Consumer unit (fuse board) upgrades
• Periodic inspection
• Landlord periodic inspection
• Gledhill Electra Mate range
• Electrical Storage heaters
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
G&J Whittaker's team of electricians are proud to be a member of the following Joint Industry Board organisation who ensure the electrical industry is regulated.
At G&J Whittaker Electrical contractors we use Megger Multifunction Tester equipment.
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
please complete the enquiry form below, our team of professional electricians will endeavor to respond to your enquiry within 24 hours, for an emergency response please call Gordon Whittaker a Warrington based electrician on: 07710 927 007
Created by Contact